Wednesday 13 July 2016

Robens Starlight 2 - 2 berth tent - REVIEW

I finally plucked up courage to purchase a new tent (thanks to my creditcard!), anyway after looking at around at what was available in my budget I settled on the Roben Starlight 2, a few reasons its light enough at 2.6 kg, but roomy enough for me and gear for a comfortable night. The Startlight 2 also is waterproof rating 5000mm hydrostatic head and reviews I read said it held out water better than some competitors around the same price. The Starlight 2 is also INCREDIBLY easy to pitch, now I know a lot of lightweight tents are easy to pitch but due to the Starlight 2's build of one central support pole and 4 built in short supports, one at each corner means you can throw this up in no time on your own.

I have run a test pitch and it took a couple of mins to pitch on a windy day, easy to pack. A good feature is the one pole is sturdier than some other support poles on tents I've used when you flex it you are not scared your going to hear a snapping sound!. once the flysheet is up its easy to attach the inner layer, but its easy enough to leave attached and pitch as one in future.

Here is some photo's, I'll be updating this review as I use the tent and in varied conditions.






Here is a link to the ROBENS website for more info if anyone is interested.

I purchased this tent from Blacks in their sale at £119.99, as there was a discount code for new customers that got me 15% off!

update coming soon, thanks for reading

Gareth (TheTryAth)

No comments:

Post a Comment