Friday 3 July 2015

the Joy of starting out

Today  I had no intention of running, I've done a couple of runs this week, pushing pace up and some hard circuit and cross trainer sessions with a cross trainer session for today too. I finished a good session on the cross trainer got home had something to eat and an hour later got a call from a family member who has decided to start running...would I go with them on first run & walk.

So running gear on and went for an enjoyable 22 mins over 2 miles its great to see someone starting running and we all need a bit of help when were starting, I was grateful to be asked as I rarely run with anyone else (due to my mental health problems my social circle is very small) and also the enthusiasm from someone just starting is a good reminder about why I started running.


I'm glad I started running and I'm glad I got the chance to be part of someone else starting out too today.

Gareth (TheTryAth)

No comments:

Post a Comment