I used the Boco Sol's in the Snowdonia trail marathon, it was horrendous conditions really wet, difficult terrain either boggy mud or extremely slippy rock. I kept my footing thanks to the Boco Sol's and 29 miles later no blisters either.
So for the field test I got these out on a trail in the Brecon Beacons, it was a dry day but there had been rain previous day, so parts of track were nice and soggy and slippery. shoes coped fine on all sections and did not clog up tread. When trail switched to more grassy area's shoes still help and kept traction and on down hills they dug in to give a steady and safe feeling ride. I did not really get to take them onto stony path's but due to their origins I'd imagine they will hold up well, but I will update the review when taken them up Snowdonia.
A high end shoe so not cheap but then again a lot has gone into the shoe and they are well made as to Newton running's usual standard. good grip and a safe comfortable ride on tricky sections of descent.
Only possible drawback the traditional lacing as opposed to speed lace but this is personal preference for some people, so no great loss for me.
thanks for reading
Weight • 272 g
Heel-to-toe drop • 3mmEMB • No
- Upper materials have been treated with a durable water repellent coating
- Open weave, highly breathable mesh upper
- Durable rubber toe bumper protects toes from impact on rocks, roots and other trail hazards
- Anatomical metatarsal stretch panels
- Non-slip laces
- Heel lock lace
- Gusseted tongue
- 360 degree reflectivity
- 4-lug platform
- Outsole employs multi-directional lugs to provide optimal grip on uneven terrain
- Tuned Action/ReactionTM technology in the midfoot
- Biomechanical metatarsal sensor plate
- Enhanced medial midsole platform
- High rebound EVA
- Highly durable s.h.a.r.c outsole composite
- ETC anti-friction, anti-bacterial sockliner
- 100% recycled laces, webbing, insole top cover
- 100% recycled PET upper mesh
- 100% recycled box, packaging
- 10% recycled outersole rubber